8/24/05

Success!

A big "Thank you!" to Bekah for suggesting some of this (Grannick's Bitter Apple Spray) to spray on the wall to keep Tiny dog away from it. I squirted a little of it in her mouth and then let her watch me hose down the wall with it. Seconds after that, chaos reigned.

Tiny dog was licking her lips a mile a minute so I put her in her cage for a drink of water. Instead of getting a drink she started having some sort of asthma attack. She was wheezing really hard (I could see her ribs sticking out while she tried to catch her breath) and I was beside myself because I thought she was suffering an allergic reaction and was getting ready to die a horribly violent death. But after a few minutes her breathing calmed down and she was okay.

So I took her over to the nibble place on the wall to see if she'd even be interested in giving it a chew and the answer was no. She put her feet on the ground and rubbed her toenails off trying to keep away from the wall. Last night she slept outside of her cage in the bathroom and there are no signs of her trying to tunnel out this morning. Success is mine!!!!

It just keeps getting better with EW. She called Sweety this morning to see if he'd trade her Friday night for his Saturday this week because she's babysitting on Saturday and she'd like the boys there to play with the kid. He told her no. She also said that she only left the boys home alone once and Sweety asked for it to never happen again. I'm glad that he spoke up about that.

Sweety read my post yesterday and he feels bad so he's going to try and get off from work in time to get the boys today. Now I feel bad. I told him I was just annoyed about it yesterday and I'm over it this morning. This is one of the reasons I'd rather he didn't read here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it that you put on the wall? The link was broken for me. If it keeps the dog from eating the wall, it must be good stuff. Do you have to feed any to stinky dog or is she too relaxed to start eating the house?

I don't think that you should be concerned about your husband wanting to do something nice for you since you already had plans. I'm sure tht he knows how unreasonable EW has been/can be and doesn't want for it to cause problems between the two of you. She shouldn't expect to be able to rearrange everyone's schedule to fit hers at a moments notice.

Chickie said...

The wall stuff is Grannick's Bitter Apple Spray. I think I fixed the link. Stinky's too lazy to eat the walls. Thank goodness, her mouth is so big she'd gnaw outta there in no time.

Sweety did get home earlier than usual today, so that was nice. He's gotten much better about saying no to her.