9/26/05

Conveniences

Moving to Florida gave me two very nice items, both of which I'd never had before. A garbage disposal and a dishwasher.

I've always know that I'd love a dishwasher but I'd never had an opinion on a disposal. Until I got one. I fucking love putting stuff in there. I accidentally broke the one that had been in the house for a decade before I moved in. I guess you can't put a whole potato in them. But see how much faith I had in the disposal? I just knew if I put that tuber in there that it would get all chopped up. Instead I started to smell something burning. And flowers. You can't put flowers in the disposal. What happens is they start to swing around violently and the part that's still hanging out of the disposal will start to fly off and you'll end up with flower bits on the walls and ceiling. And you can't fill the sink up with food and then turn the disposal on because it will cause a flood.

I love the garbage disposal. I need to give it a name.

4 comments:

anaglyph said...

Don't stick yer hand in there (safety tip). :-)

Anonymous said...

Garbage disposals are the greatest thing since sliced bread. They sure keep smelly stuff out of the trash. I'll NEVER be anyplace that doesn't have one. Life is too short.

Chickie said...

mace - Oscar. Oscar. Oscar. I like it. The disposal is now Oscar.

anaglyph - Thanks for the tip. That was going to be my next experiment. I'll just mark it off the list.

mcb - I concur! I love it. It's fun having leftovers now so I can crunch them up.

Anonymous said...

No idea for a name, but I do have an idea for Tiny Dog, next time she acts up...