9/2/05

It's Friday Night and All Is Well

I just love my doctor. I went in for a checkup today to see how the blood pressure meds were working and it was noted that I've gained 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks. He was reading my chart and calling these numbers out loud. The numbers were my weights for about the past year. When he was done he looked at me and said, "Hmm. You're just getting fatter and fatter, eh?" My reply was "Obviously." I'm going to start my new health regimen by not going to another fast food restaurant til the end of October. Ignoring the sweet siren song of salty french fries will be hard but I know it is necessary. I wonder if I ate enough fries to make me sick, would that turn me off of them?

While I was there my doctor was kind enough to give me a note excusing me from work tonight. I'm just going to slog around the house. I feel way tired for some reason. I do need to wash the pooches though. They seem to be a bit stale.

Right now Stinky is rubbing her nose all over me. Someday, just once, I'm gonna put some Silly Putty in that thing. Her nose is big enough that I bet I could put a whole eggs worth of putty inside. I don't think she'd care as long as I was petting her belly while I did it.

Sweety was okay with my being home since I have a doctor's note. Goody! It's nicer to be at home if he's not all freaked out about it. Maybe I can talk him into doing body shots with the remaining tequila.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't EVERYONE just getting fatter and fatter? Good luck saying NO to french fries.

Chickie said...

The bad thing about food is that it tastes so good. Instead of eating my french fries today I had fried rice and an egg roll. I'm really getting started well.

Anonymous said...

Before I stared to run, I lost 20 pounds by swearing off french fires, pop, and potato chips. They are good but there are WAY more calories in those things than there should be for their size.

Chickie said...

mcb - It would serve me well to lay off the junk food. I'm trying to cut back. As long as it's not in the house and I don't take money to work for the vending machines, I'm okay.