9/13/05

No Worries

Well I suck big, sweaty, hairy, donkey balls at Fantasy Football. My team would be the Killer Wombats. That's the one that came in last. And not last by just a little - last by a lot. The final score was 69. That must be good luck or something, right?

Sweety wouldn't help me with it at first when he found out I was playing (he just laughed til he cried when i told him i had a football team). But once he saw how awful it went he did agree to take a peek at my roster and move some people around. BB got to help too. We'll turn it into our Tuesday night bonding ritual. Maybe I'll learn something about football through osmosis.

And in response to MCB's comment: What did tiny dog do? And how long does it take to deliver an oven? Does she know she got on your bad side? Tiny dog just embarrassed the hell out of me when the oven was being delivered. I was asleep in my room with a baby gate up in the doorway. As soon as she heard the knock on the door she started flipping out. When the delivery guys walked by she was trying to be all vicious and attempting to climb over the gate. After I stuck her in her cage she really turned her screams up. They were probably in the house for less than 10 minutes and the whole time we had to talk over the sounds of the dog who sounded like she was being boiled. I think I was embarrassed because I was standing there in my robe, with my hair in a broke ponytail while my little toy dog was screaming and I was afraid they thought I was just a spoiled lazy ass who didn't work and slept all the time (it was about noon when they got here). So I apologized for my appearance and told them I worked nights and had been asleep. As they were walking out, Tiny dog took a breath and started screeching away and I told them the first thing I was going to cook in the new oven was going to be that little dog. I don't know if they believed me or not. Tiny has no idea how peeved I was. When she was let out of her cage, she carried on as normal. Now that I think about it, she probably was trying to "protect" me from the strangers who were taking our things away.

I think the dogcatcher is trying to catch Stinky dog outside unleashed. He stopped by here a couple of weeks ago when I was standing outside with her and told me she needed to be leashed. I saw him coming up the street yesterday and quickly shooed her inside while blocking the view he'd have of her unleashed body. I know that dogs need to be leashed. But please, give me a fucking break. She's not unsupervised out there. I'm walking her; she's 4 feet away from me taking a poop. I think he needs to concentrate on some of the dogs that do run around here eating cats. Dork.

The house is basically tidy and I have nothing that must be done today. Life is good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or concentrate on the cats running around. I hate that. Why do people piss and moan about dogs running free when there are millions of cats giving birth to millions of other cats out there? They need to crack down on the weird alien creatures before they get all upset about your dog standing next to you.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, entertaining recent posts. That's why I come back.

Imapuma

Anonymous said...

Tiny is pretty feisty to just be a few pounds. At least she is not eating walls.

We don't have a lot of stray cats here. Too many coyotes. Cat is their favorite food if they can get it but they eat small dogs too.

So far as fantasy football goes, the season is long. If your team is really bad, try and find somebody to trade with. But half the battle is paying attention. Make sure you're injured players are on the bench and don't accidentally have bye week players on the active roster.

Chickie said...

bekah - I can't say too much about cats. We do have an outside alien but she sticks close to the house. Unlike some of the others. I think there's a band of feral cats living in the woods.

imapuma - Thanks! Glad to see that you're still around.

mcb - We need more coyotes here.

I'm hoping my team perks up. I'm glad that Sweety agreed to help me.

Anonymous said...

My team did well.. but it is only week #1 hehehe you will do better

Anonymous said...

My dog protects me from delivery men, the UPS guy, meter readers, old ladies pushing babies in strollers, etc., etc.

Chickie said...

him - I do hope so. But I guess someone has to lose.

anne arkham - It wouldn't have been so bad if it was Stinky making all the fuss. At least she looks like she could do some damage. Tiny dog just embarrasses herself.