9/30/05

Sweety's an Okie!

Thanks to all for your well wishes. Our trip went quite nicely. We are now the proud parents of a one acre lot, less than 1.5 miles away from the lake in Oklahoma. I can't wait to put a house on it in 10 years! Sweety's very excited over his new dual citizenship.

Over the last couple of days we had about 12 hours of alone time while driving. When we're on drives we almost never turn on the radio. I think neither of us wants to miss whatever bit of conversation the other may come up with. Case in point - I presented a question to Sweety: If you had to be any animal in the world but still have a human brain so you knew what was going on, what would you be?

For comfort purposes, he chose a house cat. He could poop in a box so he wouldn't have to depend on some lazy human to take him outside and could be self sufficient in the house.

I'd be a boy chimp. Preferably the leader of a group of chimps. A boy because it seems like as a girl human, sometimes we get shortchanged in the sex department and I can only imagine that girl chimps don't have much fun doing the deed. But I bet the boy ones do. I think it would be nice to keep my opposable thumbs and just lay around and let my peers pick off my lice.

When I got to telling Sweety the part about the lice picking, he turned the radio on and up really loud.

And if anyone feels like sharing, what kind of animal would you be with a human brain and why?

I have a sneaking suspicion that Tiny dog has been peeing on my comforter. She's toast if my thoughts are confirmed. So, Anne, what's your good idea to fix Tiny the next time she acts up? Do I need to buy any special supplies to prepare?

Our big painting of Starry Night is in! Now I only have to clear off the wall where I want it to go.

I must go retire. I haven't had any good sleep since Monday.

9 comments:

Joe Fuel said...

Glad to know you're safe and sound, madam.

But for the record, dolphins are the only other animals that have sex for pleasure. Just something to think about...

Anonymous said...

Well, you'll notice that I wrote that comment on your post about the garbage disposal. . .

Chickie said...

joe fuel - I've heard that about dolphins. But I wouldn't want to be in the water. I figure since the boy chimp at least "finishes" he must be getting something out of it. And I've heard that monkeys masturbate. So it must feel good.

anne arkham - Oh. That is so harsh. I'm pretty sure if a potato will stop the disposal that her head would too. It would work as a good threat.

Anonymous said...

Harsh? Just last week you were talking about cooking and eating her.

Chickie said...

anne arkham - True. I forgot about that. Somehow, chopping her up seems more violent to me than cooking her after putting a stake in her heart. Either way, the ASPCA would probably be after me.

Anonymous said...

You could probably get that charge dropped if you confessed to running over those birds.

Chickie said...

anne arkham - Birds? What birds? I loooove birds! Especially ones with knobby knees and skinny legs!

Anonymous said...

A wolf. Because they are pack animals and have a definite hierarchy. I'd just make sure I was the leader.

Chickie said...

A wolf wouldn't be to bad. I just wanted to be able to keeps my arms and legs as close to human as possible.