11/2/05

Sucky Service

Why is it that everywhere I go I run into fucking idiots?

I had the boys with me at the grocery store and we were checking out. The cashier looks at the lady behind us and tells her that she can't use her food stamps on the kind of milk that she's picked out. The lady tells here there was a sign up saying that she could. I tell the cashier that I'll buy the milk. The lady thanks me. The cashier proceeds to say "She's got a lotta milk. You sure you want to buy all that? She can take it back and get another kind." I assure her that I want the buy the 3 and a half gallons of stinking milk. The cashier kind of grumbles "Well, she'll just buy something else with her food stamps..." No fucking shit, Einstein. The lady had 2 or 3 little kids clinging on her and looked like she was ready to pop out the next one any minute. I understand that she will use her food stamps for something else! Maybe more food? Just check my shit out you old grouchy bitch. The old hag was fucking rude the whole time she was checking me out.

When we walked out the cashier was yammering in Spanish to the grocery sacker and LB told me "you know they're talking about you. look!" Good grief, people, just do your freaking job.

We got outside and the boys were freaked out with how the cashier had spoken to me. I told them that they just got to see the biggest bitch in the world and that we will NEVER shop at Food Lion again. And then I apologized for my use of the word bitch. It was better than letting the "c" word out of my mouth though.

I told the boys that if you have a chance to be nice and help someone out then you should do it even if other people don't understand why you are doing it.

BB said to me "Hey, you did something good so I bet something good will happen to you! Maybe we'll win our baseball game tonight!" Don't bet on it my little friend...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I so hate rude people!! What you did was so awesome!! Of course, I've got a mouth on me, and I would've said something real pissy at her, kids or not. And, I've gotten a few people fired in the past....jeez, aren't I a bitch!
You did good, I'm proud of ya!

Chickie said...

Txsm - I was just so shocked at how she was carrying on that I couldn't even think of anything to say while I was there. If there was a grocery delivery service in my area I think I'd start using it!

BO Snagley said...

Yes what a pain in the butt.
I would have had a dying duck fit and had everyone fired. I would also call the corporate office. maybe even the secretary of the interior.
But you did as i should. You acted with self control.

Jess said...

Yes i would have lost my cool. Good for you that you did something nice for that lady! Im sure she appreciates it.. So often people treat 'poor' people badly simply because they think that person isnt as good as the next person. Its a damn shame. Becoming poor and down on your luck can happen to anyone, who knows... maybe her husband got injured at work and thats why they are short on funds and needed assistance..... That bitch at the grocery store, the cashier, sure would have heard from me! You should call up there and tell the management, see what they say or better yet go to www.foodlion.com and email someone important about your experience...
Do tell us if you do anything because inquiring blog readers want to know! haha

Chickie said...

Bo Snagley - I have never seen a dying duck but I can only imagine the chaos that surrounds it. I've discovered that being around kids makes my self control come out. If they were my own kids and I didn't have to worry about them telling their mom any off-color things that I said, I would've probably cussed a blue streak.

Jess - I thought about complaining there but for the most part all the people I've dealt with that work there are morons. I actually saw a couple of cashiers trying to short change someone one day. Not a very honest lot.

Bonanza Jellybean - And what I thought was funny was after I told the boys that they'd just seen the biggest bitch in the world they both nodded there heads and said that they knew.

Bekah - I didn't even want the boys to notice what I was doing but the cashier made a federal case out of it. Then the boys are at the register asking me why am I buying all the lady's milk and I had to explain it to them there. Maybe I will egg her car.

Anaglyph - I had a hunch that there were a lot of them out there but I never expected to encounter one in such a manner. All the more reason for me to stay at home.

Anonymous said...

That makes me not want to shop at Food Lion ever again either.....damnation.

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing. Maybe it was lost on the people in the grocery store, but your boys got it.

Chickie said...

Julianna - Even though the other grocery store is 10 minutes away instead of two it will be getting my business from now on.

Anne Arkham - I was glad that the boys did get it. When the cashier started in on me the boys looked just as shocked as I was.

Anonymous said...

You should pat yourself on the back. And I would definitely speak to the manger the next time I was in the store. Being a grocer is a competitive business and they usually don't like it when clerks are rude to customers.

Chickie said...

mcb - I may write them a letter about it. I won't say anything in person because I hate confrontation - even if I'm in the right.

Zube said...

I'm with everyone above. What a great thing to do, and I'm sure the boys learned a valuable lesson.

Chickie said...

Mollynormal - Ya know, I hadn't thought of it but the name "Food Lion" is scary. That just strengthens my resolve to never darken their nasty door again.

Zube Girl - I like to throw in a good life lesson every now and then. I know the boys need to learn more things than how to mock people well and how to pick on one another quietly.