4/14/06

Pissy Pool Post

april 013

We've been looking at these busted tiles for about a month now. On numerous occasions we've been told that they are being fixed. Today they were definitely supposed to be fixed. Since that photo was taken 5 minutes ago, you can figure that they weren't. When Sweety called the pool place he was told by the person (Tracey) we've been dealing with that the tile guy told her he fixed it today. When Sweety told her it wasn't so she said his next course of action would be to complain to the company president and he was passed on to that voicemail.

If you like to call a business and tell the receptionist (Ann) that you'll hold for the person (Tracey) you want to speak with and after holding for 10 minutes have Ann come back on the line to tell you that Tracey's away from her desk...

If you want a pool that's going to get a crack in the deck before it's even finished...

If you want the plumbing installed incorrectly so there's an open pipe leading right into the dirt and your pool keeps draining...

Then Champagne Pools & Spas is where you want to buy your pool!

The customer service we've encountered has been OUTSTANDING! Sweety went there one day at about 11:50 a.m. to give them a check for 8 freaking thousand dollars and the receptionist told him he needed to come back because she didn't have time to write a receipt for him before their lunch hour started at noon. Huh? (I found it oddly fitting that her name is Ann Slack.) We're trying to give you money! He told her no receipt was needed and she just took the check. Two days later, he got a call from the construction supervisor and was told they were all ready to move on to the next phase of the pool but they were waiting on his payment. He advised her that we'd already paid and she told him it was overlooked.

They send someone out to do something with the pool and they left a note saying they couldn't get in because the fence was locked. The fence doesn't have a lock! All they needed to do was unlatch it like they had every other time they've been out here.

I am really sick of this whole process. At this point, we only owe them $400 so I think their motivation to finish it is gone. I will be going out of my way to tell people to not buy a pool from these people.

9 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

Whos th CEO of Champaign Pools n Spas -- Sammy "The Bull" Gravano?

Anonymous said...

I think it's high time you start the thought beam thing again...

The Phosgene Kid said...

SOudn slike time to make a call to the better business bureau and maybe hint to the company you may go talk with the state attourney's office about their business practices.

Anonymous said...

Give 'em hell.

Chickie said...

Joey Polanski - That wouldn't surprise me.

Bekah - I'm working on it. Too many people at the place have peeved me - it's hard to concentrate my efforts right now.

Mike - Do you recommend diesel or gasoline?

The Phosgene Kid - Those are our next steps.

Anne Arkham - That is the plan!

Anonymous said...

Only you can make a horrible situation humorous. I was retelling the story to BD and he was dying...but as pissed as you were!

You always claim to be the queen of revenge, so I can't wait to hear what the QoR does next!!

...in other news....your pool still looks pretty....

Chickie said...

Bex - I think sometimes it's better to laugh than cry!

I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do about this. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to go easy on the destructive revenge and concentrate on just getting the shit done.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Money is a powerful motivator. Since they have most of what you owe them, they are off aggravating the next customer.

Whenever I pay in advance, bad things happen to me. If someone needs to be paid upfront then I find someone else.

At least your pool is usable. If it were me, the pool wouldn't even hold water and the equipment would be missing.

BTW: Your pool is beautiful.

Chickie said...

MCB - We (the grownups) are boycotting the pool until it's 100% finished. That may be when hell freezes.

I do like looking at the done part, myself :)