5/30/06

Lucky!

Tonight is pizza night and in a break from our usual tradition, we didn't have it delivered - I picked it up instead. The pizza places credit/debit machine was down so I got dinner for FREE! One pizza, cinnamon sticks and a 2 liter bottle of Coke!

I saw our regular pizza delivery guy at the store. He said hi and I told him that we'd see him next week because it was farther to drive to pick up the pizza than I'd thought it would be. He said "Yeah, when I saw you I thought 'Shoot. There goes my Tuesday-big-tip delivery.'" Now I feel all guilty, like I've cheated on the pizza deliveryman by not having it delivered.

But it was a nice surprise to not have to pay for it. Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch? I'm going to get a lotto ticket tomorrow and see if I can extend the lucky streak.

9 comments:

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

That's Awesome! I love freebies (and pizza).

Joey Polanski said...

I coont help but notice that you dint feel guilty enough t pass along some o them savins to th jiltd delivry guy.

Atta girl, Chickie!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Looks like the delivery guy will have to put off buying that rock of cocaine he had his eye on for another week...

I prefer making my own pizza, there is a lot less of a chance some teeny added the "lunger topping".

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I sure hope your lucky streak continues with that Lottery Ticket!
Wouldn't that be fantastic?

Chickie said...

Pixie - You can't beat free pizza with a stick!

Joey Polanski - If I'd have had any cash, I'd have probably given it to him. But I never carry any cash. I'm sure the delivery guy made out okay last night. I hope...

Mike - I told Sweety that he should call in a big order to pick up and then show up to pay with his credit card. He wouldn't do it though.

The Phosgene Kid - Agh, lunger topping? Maybe we won't eat pizza next week.

Jen - I'll save you a slice next time!

OOLOTH - If I win tonight, this will be the place that I'll announce it!

BO Snagley said...

dont you want a special needs chicken for a pet

AL RULES said...

hello...i am your regular pizza delivery guy and i want to thank you. since i didnt get your tip i was a little short on cahs when i got home to by my wife here 40 oz. of whiskey. so, like she always does when she doesn't get her whiskey, she hit my with the heaviest object within reach (exercise bike) and proceeded to wail on my face. and guess what? she knocked out that tooth that has been giving me so many problems. thank you. if i would have had enough money i would have had to psend another night in tooth ache agony...i love you pizza consumer...i love you lots...

Chickie said...

Bo Snagley - Please, don't compound my guilt.

Al - Oh shit, now I feel horrid.

r.fuel said...

See? Your free pizza cost the delivery guy quite a bit.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. Or pizza.