5/30/06

Summer Vacation: Day One

The boys got outta school last Wednesday and this is the first day I've been with them since then. So far, today's been good. Not enough time for them to get bored yet. The bad thing about them being here is that I can't tap away on the keyboard. I can quietly surf the internet but if they hear keys tapping then they want to know what I'm doing and it draws attention to the fact that I'm not doing something with them. Right now they are playing Monopoly with Neighborgirl and are too occupied to notice me.

It's work just talking to them all day long. And feeding them dinner. And building snacks. And keeping them from harming each other. And finding appropriate shit to watch on the telly.

I have some yucky tequila that is SUPPOSED to taste like oranges (but really it tastes like piss that's been strained through a dirty sock that's been soaked in rancid orange juice) that's whispering my name.

I will be glad when it is bedtime for little children.

4 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

"'Kids are dif-fe-rent to-day,'

I hear ev-ry mo-ther say,

'Mo-ther needs some-thing to-day to calm her down.'

And though she's not real-ly ill,

There's a lit-tle yel-low pill.

She goes run-ning for the shel-ter of a Mo-ther's Lit-tle Hel-per,

And it helps her on her way, gets her through her bus-y day."

The Phosgene Kid said...

Good news, they stopped putting those annoying little air-holes in the plastic bags...

Anonymous said...

The talking is the worst. I was a nanny in my younger years, and the constant talking nearly did me in.

Chickie said...

Joey Polanski - My mother's little helper is blue. I haven't needed it yet. But summer break is just getting started.

The Phosgene Kid - I prefer duct tape over their mouth and nose holes. It makes that fun sound when you yank it off.

Anne Arkham - I agree that the talking is the worst. It's hard to keep a straight face sometimes when BB(11) wants to give me his take on world events as he's seen them on the news.