6/14/06

Self-Hobbled

BB(11) and I went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure today. We got there at the 9 a.m. opening and left at 9 p.m. (For the mathematically challenged - that is TWELVE hours on my feet.) Guess what kind of shoes I wore? Flip-flops. What the hell was I thinking? Usually, I wear sneakers on a trip like that but the flips are comfy around the house and to the store so I thought they'd do for an all day trip where I'd be tromping across concrete.

I was sorely mistaken.

The balls of my poor feet are all blistered up now. They started to blister about 30 minutes into our trip but I figured "Eh, it's too far from my head to kill me." I soldiered through the fiery pain so we wouldn't have to cut our trip short. I didn't think it would be fair to rain on BB's parade just because I didn't have the good sense to wear proper footwear.

We did have an awesome time! Got to ride everything that we wanted to and some new things too. (By the way, if you're ever going to either of these parks: It is so worth the extra $20 to get the Express Passes! No long lines!)

He said it goes down as one of his best days. Mine too :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so nice. I would love to go.

Take care!

Wenchy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh maybe when I grow up I can also go?

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sounds like a fabulous day, except for the Blidteriung Feet part! What were you thinking, dear Chickie? Twelve hours in flip flops..Oy, my feet hurt just hearing about it.

Jess said...

Wow you must not be that far from where Im from. Orlando is big, yes I know that lol It sounds like a great memory and that BB had fun, thats priceless!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun, even with all the blisters!

S said...

I hope your feet feel better soon, and what a sport you were for hanging in there even though it was painful! HHNT

KyuBall said...

I bought a pair of Timerland Sandals about 6 years ago and have worn them to Disney (4 times) and Universal (once). I love them, but this last time, I was a bit sore. It's sad, but I may have to retire them.

Sorry about your feetsies.

Chickie said...

'ber - I must admit that I didn't forget sneakers. It was planned to wear the flippers. I've seen other people wearing them at the parks so I thought it would be okay! That's what I get for following the crowd...

Leighann - Come on down! The place isn't going anywhere (I hope!).

Wenchy - But of course.

OOLOTH - Next time, I won't worry about what my outfit looks like and will be sure to dress for comfort!

HNB - Maybe we could have met at Universal and you could've shoved me around in a wheelchair :)

Mike - I know we'll remember the fun! My feet are already starting to feel a little better.

Jess - I'm about an hour away from Orlando. Just close enough to go there for fun if we want to.

Bekah - Me too!

Barefoot_Mistress - Thank you! Happy HNT!

Kyuball - I may have to look into those. I've gotta get something comfy that is okay to get wet.

Amy said...

OMG! I love flip-flops but I have made the SAME mistake with them, too. Ugh. Although, I swear I'm thinking of getting some of those skecher flip-flops because maybe they are the ultimate hybrid of tennis shoe AND flip-flop and it would be ok then.