9/26/06

What Doesn't Kill You...

I have a bad habit of being very nondiscriminatory when it comes to eating leftovers. A bit of green on the cheese? Pinch it off! Been in the icebox 3 days? A week? 10 days? As long as it doesn't smell funny or isn't slimy then I think it's okay to eat.

This morning I ate some leftover steak. I'm not sure when it was cooked but I remembered eating it the first time so I figured it was okay. But it seems that was not the case.

This has been a not so good morning.

I think I'll reevaluate my policy on noshing on leftovers.

9 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh I hate that Chickie! You poor dear...
Yes, I think it is time to reavalute this....Nothing worse than being sick to the tummy! UGH!

Joey Polanski said...

Rule o thumb: Eat th leftovrs bfore they bcome holdovrs.

Anonymous said...

I suggest marking your leftovers when you originally put them in the fridge or freezer so you know EXACTLY how old it is... it helps out a lot :-)

Monogram Queen said...

Uh I have a rule on leftovers nothing over a week and if it's hitting on 7 days it's subject to debate! Hope you feel better soon Hon!

NeverEZme said...

yuk!!! I hope you fell better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Personally, my motto with leftover food is "When in doubt, throw it out'. So far, it's served me well.

r.fuel said...

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Don't re-evaluate. You'll be able to handle it next time.

Anonymous said...

Chickie, chickie, chickie. Well, since you posted this yesterday, and there's no post today, can we assume you are dead? I sure hope not.

Be careful, girl! Hugs.

Chickie said...

Yeah, I'm still alive. I've been napping today.

R. Fuel - That's what I usually say but maybe I'll modify that when speaking of leftover meat.