2/13/07

Whoring, Meme & Etc.

Yesterday, my blog was blog of the day at Fuelmyblog. I mentioned this site in a post awhile back when I first put my blog up on it. There's this whole wall of icons and you can put up an icon for your blog and people can get to it that way. There are no more spaces available on the main page but you can still put an icon up on the More, Business, Life, and All Sorts walls.

I wish I'd known that my blog was going to be picked yesterday. I feel sorry for anyone that clicked through to here and the first introduction they got to my site was a post about necrophiliac bestiality. (Is bestiality just sex with mammals or does it cover reptiles too? I couldn't find the answer to that.)

Thomas over at Doom Cake was kind enough to tag me with a meme - 6 Weird Things About Me. Well, I've been tagged with this sort of thing before and thought I'd regurgitate those answers...

1. When eating sunflower seeds I eat the shell too.

2. I brush my tongue til I gag when I brush my teeth. If I haven't gagged then I'm not done brushing my teeth.

3. I groom my eyebrows obsessively. I want to make sure that they're all pointing in the right direction. No wild hairs that are brushed down or sticking out. Sweety's noticed this habit and now when he's getting ready to go somewhere, he'll make a fist, lick the side of his hand, and groom his whole head like he's a cat. I love watching him do that. Funny as hell.

4. Chewing gum is always swallowed at the end of its usefulness with me.

5. I wash out empty food containers and dry them in the sink before they are thrown away or put in the recycle bin. I think I got this habit from my Grandma. Clean trash just looks nicer to me.

6. When dining in a restaurant I can't eat until everything is arranged just right on the table. Nothing pleases me more than having a seat by the window so I can put all of our trash bits (straw wrappers, sugar packets, etc.) on the windowsill and off the table. And I like for everyone to clean their plate so I can stack the dirty dishes up neatly.

7. If the neighbors are outside I'll refrain from going out til they go inside. Even if this means not checking the mail or making the dogs hold their bladders shut. And if I happen to be out when the neighbors come out I have to stifle the urge to sprint indoors. I just don't like talking to people.

8. When eating Snickers Ice Cream bars I have a set method for it:
Carefully pick off the frozen chocolate shell.
Lick out the frozen peanuts.
Eat the ice cream bar that's left in 5 bites.

9. When I'm drinking something I always take 5 big swallows with the first drink.

And one, shiny, new weird thing!

I haven't polished my toes since November 8, 2006. I did them before I went to Texas for my friend's funeral and all of it has worn off except for my big toes. I look at it and go "Hey! That polish has been to Texas!" and can't bring myself to scrub it off for a new pedicure. I've been wearing socks to keep Sweety from being subjected to the remaining 8 unpolished toes. Maybe I will polish them for Valentine's Day.

Have you ever been to a chiropracter? Sweet-8-and-a-half-pound-baby-Jesus-with-nothing-on-but-a-golden-fleece-lined-diaper, that is some freaky stuff. I don't know that I like hearing all of my bones crack. I need to go recline and let my body settle back to where it belongs.

Added minutes after publishing...

Holy crap! The canines are chasing each other through the house and Stinky dog just slammed into a wall like a ton of bricks! (Okay, maybe not a ton. Like 43 pounds of bricks!) She seems to have shaken off the impact and has abandoned the game of tag for a nap instead.

I knew that everyone would want to hear about Stinky & Tiny's latest mishap while it was still fresh. I hope she doesn't have a concussion.

10 comments:

Kat said...

hey! Thanks for picking me for blog of the day! W00t!

Kevin D said...

I didn't get the chance to read anything yesterday I sure am going to go back and look at the necrophiliac bestiality post. Does that make me a bit sick or just too curious for my own good? Nice colour of logo!

Kevin

Ginamonster said...

I brush my tounge until I gag too. I don't do it on purpose, it just happens.
I tweeze my eyebrows obsessively. This morning, I forced myself to not-groom. It was hard. I will be self concious all day.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Lots of swallowing and gagging going on around here, isn't there?

Yukon is good at picking up speed down that hallway, but not so good at coming to a stop. Ever had 85 pounds of malamutant come hurtling towards you? That must be what it feels like when your car gets stuck on the tracks with a train coming.

Regal said...

Oaky...truly funny - you have a way with words, ie) it's funny that the day you get pickes, as you said, you've got info about sweety talking about turtle sex AND 'Sweet-8-and-a-half-pound-baby-Jesus' - that's just good stuff. But I want you to know - I like presenting the garbage to the garbage men neat, clean and orderly as well. It's just respectful. AND I love hearing about Stinky and Tiny - so never stop telling those tales. The only thing is I find it hard to believe that you don't like to talk to people. Use people too? HAVE A GREAT DAY AND ENJOYING YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR AND STYLE OF STORY TELLING.

Regal said...

Please disregard the spelling - blogging at work is stressful :)

~*Kelli BoBelli*~ said...

"Sweet-8-and-a-half-pound-baby-Jesus-with-nothing-on-but-a-golden-fleece-lined-diaper"

You do know you can pray to the ADULT jesus, right? lmao

[LOL..i just love that movie!]

Chickie said...

Kat - You're welcome! I like you!

Kevin D - It's okay to like turtle love.

Ginamonster - I don't set out to gag myself but it just happens too. I think it's important to scrub your tongue.

The Phosgene Kid - Hearing about your dogs is why I don't want big dogs! I couldn't handle something like that.

Regal - Well, thanks for the nice comment! My head is too big to get out of the door now. We'll have to lance it when Sweety gets home.

Oh yeah, it kills me to talk to people. I can handle 2, maybe 3 people at the most. A group any bigger than that and I'm screaming "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" on the inside.

I can't take credit for the baby Jesus remark. I stole it from Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Whenever I say it, I use my redneck-nascar-driver voice.

Keli - I watched it twice!

Monogram Queen said...

You are too funny Chickie. How did I go so long without reading you???

Chickie said...

Patti_Cake - I don't know how you managed but I promise to hang around for awhile :)