6/20/07

(insert title here)

I'm wore slap out. I took some herbal pills last night before I went to bed that are supposed to help "cleanse your system". Basically, I've spent at least 4 hours of my day in the bathroom, birthing jellyfish out of my behind. I'm pretty sure that things that I ate in 1984 made their exit today. Here I am recuperating with Tiny. Don't I look skinny? My waist wasn't that noticeable yesterday. I think.

What we do best.

Sweety and the boys are at baseball practice. The spring season is over but LittleBrother got picked to be on the All-Star team. What this means is we have to shell out 60 bucks for a uniform and if they don't win their first two games then the team is done. I'm hoping they make it further along just so we'll get some use out of the uniform.

The start of summer means that it's time for the boys to get their summer workbooks. Every summer since I've been here, they get a nice fat workbook to work on during vacation. I figure if they can watch t.v. for 8 hours that they can devote an hour or so each day to keeping their mind from rotting. I always link some sort of prize to the books too.

Like, if they finish it in 6 weeks we'll go do something fun but if it's not done then they get nothing. (But they still have to finish the books before school starts for the next year.) I changed up the prize this year because last year LB wasn't crazy about the reward (Going to a theme park. He didn't want to go because he didn't want to ride any rides and when I told him last year to get busy with the book, his reply was, "It doesn't matter if I finish early because I don't care if you take me to the park or not.") so this year they get a punishment if they don't finish the books in a set amount of time - bedtime will be at 8 p.m. instead of 9 p.m. for the first half of the school year. I'm almost hoping that they don't finish them in time so they can be popped into bed an hour earlier. This is the first summer that I haven't pestered them about getting the books done quickly.

4 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Cheeky you are so rotten sometimes but I heart you so!

Chickie said...

Rotten? Nah, just trying to preserve what bit of sanity that I still have!

Erin M said...

for future reference you can get the same crapping effect by drinking a whole giant thing of applesauce

and the book thing - pure genius, either way you are a winner!

Chickie said...

Fidget - But then I'd have to drink the apple juice. That's too much work.

Just when I thought that I couldn't possibly get any lazier...