2/21/06

Happenings in Blogland

I see that my blog was reviewed at www.italk2much.com this past Sunday. I'd put in for a review awhile back and had forgotten about it. The review was pretty much on the money - I have been boring as shit lately and they didn't like the black srollbar. Sorry if anyone can't see it - I can. (Hey Bekah, the one thing they did like was this lovely header that you made.) One person was nice enough to check me out and proclaim me a "Stupid Whore" in the comments section. In trying to keep with my New Year's non-Resolution of being nicer, I won't say about her "What a cunt. I hope she gets fucked with a brick soon." instead I'll say, "Gee, I wonder if she kisses her mother with that mouth?"

And Nacho Intolerant noticed last week's post where I used the phrase "It tasted like socks that had been used to wipe a skunk's butt." It is interesting to see the things that get noticed in blogland.

I run a check every now and then to see if someone is linking/lurking here that I don't know about. I figure if they like my site enough to blogroll it then I may find theirs interesting also. Like I need any more shit on my blogroll as it is!

And what the hell is going on with Blogger? When I look at the page it should show the last 6 days posts but it's cutting off at three. I'll just ignore it and maybe it will heal itself.

Edited 9/22/6 @ 7:31 a.m. - I'm not arguing with the review. For what the reviewer saw, it was pretty accurate. I thought the chick that said something in the comments section was rather snarky.

13 comments:

bekah said...

So... I went there and read your review - what a raging bitch. Don't worry about what these people think, she's obviously a bitter and sad person. Who needs to get laid. I read the other reviews for that day and she's just unhappy all around. Fuck it.

nacho said...

Good to take it with humor, it's those bitches job to be snarky. And you're handing out pearls over here. I never before imagined what a sock wiped on a skunk butt would taste like. :-)

I started a new procedure for my 'quote of the week' whereby the winner gets to pick a word which much be contained in the next weeks quote. Can I keep you on retainer in case a future winner doesn't play along? Considering last weeks winner picked "combustion chamber" I can only assume this weeks winner is a greasy gear head....

thanks for the visit and the link!

Chickie said...

Bekah - The review was no big deal. I just thought the chick in the comments section was a toad.

Bellacara - Thank you :)

Nacho - It would be an honor to be kept on your standby list! I'm sure I could come up with a word, if needed.

The Recovering Straight Girl said...

fucked with a brick is right.
bitch.

The Recovering Straight Girl said...

her, not you...

Chickie said...

RSG - Heh, thanks for clarifying your comment.

anne arkham said...

I looked around their site and didn't see a good review given to anyone. Don't take it personally.

Midwestern City Boy said...

I don't go for sites that rate/review blogs. They never seem to find anything that they like. There is a blog for everyone, but unfortunately, there is not a blog review site for every type of blog.

OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I haven't been over there to read that review yet...maybe I won't go...I really don't want to read any snarky bitchy reviews tonight! You are a gem, Chickie...Fuck 'em!

Chickie said...

Anne Arkham - I won't.

MCB - I like some of those sites. Sometimes you can find some neat new blogs to visit.

OOLOTH - Thank you, dear. You are too kind :)

Mike said...

Imagine that, a site that rates blogs. Don't they have anything better to do with their time?

Fucked with a brick is such a classic line. I have to store that one away for future use.

bekah said...

So I was just thinking... I remember a friend of mine once saying he hoped that a certain someone gets "ass raped with a sandpaper covered dildo."

I thought you'd enjoy it.

Chickie said...

Mike - If you're really peeved then you can say "fucked with a brick and skipped the lube".

Bekah - Ow. That made me wince. But I like it...